Day 3 of the 2013 Devils Development Camp is now in the books and there are plenty of things to read about.
- Read about Tuesday’s Scrimmage from the New Jersey Devils’ Official Page
- Watch highlights from the game here
- Read about Myles Bell and his state of mind since his auto accident a few years ago from Tom Gulitti and Rich Chere
- Lou has also revealed that the skaters and goaltenders in the first practice group would be the main candidates for a training camp spot.
- Lou has expressed his desire to finish negotiating with all of the team’s RFA’s by the end of the week. He also wants to get an assisstant coach locked up but doesn’t see the need to rush that decision.
- After sitting out of camp the last two days, Stefan Matteau will be shut down due to “soreness”. The Devils have repeatedly reported that this is a precautionary move more than anything. Read about it on NJ.com
- “Devils’ Reid Boucher hopes to get his ‘shot’ in the NHL now,” by Rich Chere on NJ.com. Devils Army Blog went in-depth on Reid Boucher; check out their player profile here.
- Despite the preseason schedule reveal yesterday, the NHL still has not OK’d the reveal of the regular season schedule. Olympic Participation is imminent and, reportedly, the schedules have already reached all 30 teams.
- The Albany Devils’ Official Site caught up with Eric Gelinas in this Devils TV Installment (video)
- Lou Lamoriello rounds up the prospects camp so far on the New Jersey Devils Official Site. (video and text)
- Kevin Zalaznik of The Albany Devils Official Site caught up with Scott Wedgewood about his growth from his first season.
- New Jersey Devils PR caught up with Damon Severson
There is an afternoon scrimmage scheduled for tomorrow. Keep an eye on how Blake Pietila, Graham Black, Anthony Brodeur, Scott Wedgewood, and Reid Boucher do as they all had an eventful scrimmage on Tuesday.
Check back here for a Day 4 Update on the 2013 New Jersey Devils Prospect Camp.