Do owners know they have until 3 PM tomorrow to trade? The eve of the 2014 NHL Trade Deadline is in full swing.
Left, right, up, down. Everywhere you look more and more trades are being released today.
For Devils fans, the most important one to come out is the Minnesota Wild trading for G Ilya Bryzgalov. Minnesota gave the Edmonton Oilers a 4th-round draft pick and it seems that the Wild have found their backup.
Could Martin Brodeur be staying for the rest of the season now?
In other big news, G Roberto Luongo of the Vancouver Canucks was just traded to the Florida Panthers. The Panthers gave up Jacob Markstrom and Shaun Matthias.
A Tim Thomas – Roberto Luongo reunion sounds fun, huh? (This will get interesting).
Other trades today (courtesy of Too Many Men on the Site):
- Montreal Canadiens acquire Florida Panthers D Mike Weaver in exchange for a 2015 5th-round pick.
- The Anaheim Ducks traded Dustin Penner to the Washington Capitals in exchange for a 2014 4th-round pick.
- The Edmonton Oilers acquired G Viktor Fasth from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for a 2014 4th-round and 2015 3rd-round.
- The Dallas Stars traded Stephen Robidas to the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for the 4th-round pick the Ducks received in the Penner trade.
- The Vancouver Canucks traded Patrick Mullen to the Ottawa Senators in exchange for Jeff Costello.
- The New York Islanders traded Andrew MacDonald to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for a 2014 3rd-round and 2015 2nd-round pick.